"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dancing in the Rain

Today, we danced in the rain. Or at least the kids did. They also played on the swings, slid down slides, rolled down hills and slung mud around. It was great! I was jealous that I couldn't do it, too. I really wanted to, but I had to go into the grocery store afterwards.

My sister and I decided to take the kids to the park today. Wouldn't you know it started raining RIGHT when we got there. So we let them play in the rain. I've never been so sorry to not have my camera. Watching our kids in that rain was priceless. I'm so glad we chose today to go to the park.

The rain was not all good, though. When walking into the grocery store after we left the park, I slipped in a puddle of rain in the parking lot and fell. Mortified, I skulked back to Lori's van to...I'm not sure why I went back there. For some sympathy, I guess. I managed to make it back into the store, but on the way back out...yep. Fell again. In the same spot. And I actually thought my clumsiness was getting better.

No comments: