"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 13, 2009

How much He loves me.

Last week in California, I dipped my toes into the Pacific Ocean. It was surreal for me. I honestly thought I'd never get to see ocean on the West Coast. Why would I? Its across the country from me and my family and I have never been big travelers. I think until last week, the farthest I'd ever been away from Georgia is North Carolina. Its not that I don't think I'd like to travel. We simply don't have the finances for that kind of thing.

Anyway, while walking down Laguna Beach, I was marveling to Chris about seeing the Pacific Ocean. It is truly beautiful. Very different from any beach I've seen before. Later on, on the ride to the airport to go home, Chris commented to Dr Rich, who was driving us, that I thought I'd never see the Pacific Ocean. Dr Rich just laughed his infectious laugh, looked back at me (while hurtling the van through crazy Los Angeles traffic) and said, "See how much God loves you, Erin?".

Indeed. The whole trip was a total God thing. He knew how much I needed a break. He knew how much our marriage needed a renewal. He knew that we couldn't afford a trip like that and gave us a FREE vacation to California. Just in time to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Well, it was a little early for that, but that's okay! He loves me that much! I never dreamed that God had this much in store for us when He moved us to our current church.

I will never forget this trip. I'm so thankful to God for giving it to us, and to our church for allowing me to go. I'm grateful for the new friends in Christ I made. They showed us amazing hospitality...I felt right at home, which is odd for me. It usually takes me awhile to warm up to new people.

It was a great trip. I learned so many things. But the most important thing I learned, I already knew. God loves me. Really. Sometimes, during the hectic and not-so-fun moments in my life, I forget. But He still loves me. And He always will. Thank you, Dr Rich, for giving me that reminder.

1 comment:

CB said...

you've been married 10 years??? whoa! congrats!