"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm so amazed...

...at what God is doing right now. I mean, I'm blown away. It started last night. Actually, I guess it really started in January. Chris and I participated in the 21 Day Daniel Fast with our church. This was our second year fasting, and we had a huge "Fasting Hit List" that included our children, our country, our marriage, our finances, etc. Mostly the same things we had fasted for the previous year. One new thing was that God had led us to fast for several of our friends who were either not Christians or who had gotten away from God. So we fasted and were waiting patiently for some results. This was in January 2009.

Fast forward to last night, April 26th. An old friend calls our house and wants to know where Chris is. I explain that Chris is out of town but tell him how glad I am to hear from him, how I miss him, etc, and prepare to make some small talk. He kind of interrupts me and says "I looked for you guys this morning". I say "Oh really? Where". His answer: at church. Wow. That answer was unexpected, to say the least. While I'm still in shock, he starts saying that he's been trying to get in touch with us for 3 days, that he's going through some terrible stuff and that he realizes that its time to turn his life around. And he came to church. And: HE JUST HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THE FRIENDS WE TARGETED ON THE FAST! Oh man. I start to cry myself. I begin to tell him how Chris and I have been praying for him. How we fasted for this exact thing! And he said he needed it. That he needs it now more than ever. And that he needs Chris and I to pray for him and be there for him and to hold him accountable. Wow, wow, wow.

Everything's not all peachy, though. He's going through some serious trials. His family is in jeopardy. He's feeling a ton of guilt. But he knows that God can fix all of this, and I know He can, too.

I love this guy. He was one of my closest friends. In fact, when I got pregnant with Shaun, he was the first person I told. Chris grew up with him. He was in our wedding. The only thing missing to make him perfect is God...and he's getting there!

Obviously, he still needs major prayers. Obviously I'm not going to post his name, so just pray for my friend...God'll know who you mean! Pray that God sends the right people to him...pray for the chains of the past to be broken...pray for that his family is knit back together...pray for all negative influences to stay away from him.

God is so good! I'm amazed! And I absolutely cannot wait to see what happens next!

No comments: