"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Frustrations....

I received an email (2 of them, actually) from GVA, the home schooling program we enrolled Shaun in for next year. Apparently everyone else in Georgia had the same idea we had and so many folks enrolled their kids that GVA is now having a LOTTERY to decide who gets in. What?!?! A lottery...are you kidding me? Considering its a public education program and the children are taught at home, I don't really see why it would matter how many kids participate. We should find something out in May, but I'm looking into other curriculum options. Whatever happens, happens. I think we'll be fine either way. And, let's face it, I'm not overlly thrilled at what the system is teaching our kids. If we don't get in, at least we'll have more freedom.

I went back to Weight Watchers today. I'm really gonna do it this time! I'm determined! But I was totally frustrated when I saw my current weight. I've gained 10 pounds since the last time I weighed in. That was months and months ago, but still! Oh well, I'm not going to get down and out about it. I'm doing something about it now. That's the important thing. Right. Sure.

I finally registered Jordan for preschool next year. Only the Monday-Wednesday class is full. He got into the Tuesday-Thursday class, but if Jaycee goes on Mon-Wed-Fri next year, we wanted to be coordinated. So we're enrolled on Tues-Thurs but on the waiting list for Mon-Wed. Guess that's what I get for waiting until the day Early Bird registration ends. Sigh.

I noticed that Jordan was a little quiter than usual a minute ago. I went into the kitchen to find him standing up on the counter and pulverizing all of the spices in my cabinet! Poor little attention-starved thing. I'll go play with him now!

No comments: