"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Random rants...

-My "cheesy rice dish" I was making for Thanksgiving didn't turn out the way I thought it would.  I'm letting it chill overnight, but I'm thinking its still gonna be gross tomorrow.

-I cut my thumb on a can of tomatoes today while I was making lunch.  It still hurts!

-I had to spend 2 dollars at the grocery store on a pacifier for my almost-3-year-old. 

-I have cooked 3 dishes and still have to get up early tomorrow to cook another one.  And Chris is already in bed asleep.  

-My nice clean kitchen is all messy now from all that cooking.  

Okay, okay.  I know that its technically Thanksgiving Day, and, in spite of these mindless complaints, I have a TON to be thankful for.  Such as:

-Even if my "cheesy rice dish" stinks, its not like we'll be hurting for food tomorrow.

-Even though I cut my thumb, at least I did it while preparing food for my kids to eat.  Some people don't have this luxury.  

-I am thankful for Jordan- even if his passy fits drive me insane!  

-Once again- I have the luxury of being able to prepare food to share with my family.  And my husband may be taking it easy, but at least I know where he is. 

-I have the ability to make my kitchen  clean again.  Unlike some folks, who are too sick to get out of bed.

So there you have it.  I have many, many more blessings to list, but I'll wait until morning.  

Happy Turkey Day to all!

No comments: