"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Elections and blockages

So, I'm bummed about the election results.  Bummed is putting it mildly.  Terrified is more like it.  I'm terrified of where this country is going over the next 4 years.  I've been praying for this election, and now I'll be praying for Obama, even though it'll be hard!  I know that God is in control, and He can still change things.  I'm praying for a change in Barrack Obama's heart.  That he will see abortion and same-sex marriage issues for what they are:  abominations of God's word. I pray for a change of heart so that Obama will help turn this country back to God. To me, there are no black and white sides of these issues, and these are the 2 key issues that I based my candidate support on.  Now you know where I stand- I voted for John McCain.  I know that he's far from perfect, but I feel in my heart that his values are stronger and that he would have done more to protect this county than Obama will.  But, America has spoken, and now I will support Obama because he will be our country's leader in January.  At least I have until then to get used to it!!

Getting off my election results soapbox now.

Shaun had a CT scan of his sinuses on Monday.  The doctor's office called back yesterday and told me that he has a blockage and needs to see an ENT.  Luckily, he already has a fabulous ENT at Egleston.  Jordan has been seeing him, too, and has an appointment Next Friday.  They are going to squeeze Shaun's visit in at the same time so that we won't have to make another trip.  I have no idea what you do for blocked sinuses.  Surgery?  I hope not.  Shaun's already worried about that, but he's excited that he gets to miss school the day of the appointment.  

1 comment:

Jonathan & Allison said...

I couldn't agree with you more! I will keep Shaun in my prayers.