"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Finally...some results!


We got Jordan's test results back last week.  The CT scan of his chest showed that a spot on one of his lungs is partially collapsed.  Apparently this is not as bad as it sounds.  The nurse who called said that it may be due to an illness that he had or something like that.  I told her that he wasn't sick when he had the scan, but that he's sick now, and had been for several weeks.  She asked what was wrong and I told her about his wheezing and his cough, to which she replied, "Well, that brings me to the pH probe results".  Turns out Jordan has significant reflux that could be causing his asthma, or at least contributing to it.  The doctor called in some medication for it, but she does NOT think that the reflux is what's turning his lips blue.  So basically, we're back to the drawing board on that, I think.  

After hearing this, I was still worried about the collapsed lung.  I mean, that just doesn't sound healthy.  And he's had this terrible cough for over two weeks, even after being on Flovent and Albuterol round-the-clock.  The doctor told me that he should not have to be on Albuterol for over 1 week, 1 week and a half max for any given illness.  I told the nurse this, and she just said to write down all of my questions and bring them with me to Jordan's next appointment, which 2 two weeks away.  Hmm.  Not what I wanted to hear.  

Everything was so hectic when I was talking to her.  It was almost time for Shaun to be at karate,  the kids were still in the bathtub, etc.  I called Chris at work and told him the news.  He talked to one of his doctor friends at the hospital who suggested that we have a copy of the CT sent to him so he could look it over.  He also said at the very least he would insist on having another one done to see if the spot on Jordan's lung is any worse, especially since the cough was still so bad.  By this time it was after five o'clock, so it was too late to do anything.  

I calmed down a bit and prayed.  I prayed for God to just heal Jordan's cough and decided to call the doctor back the next day to see if we could get an appointment sooner.  This was Thursday night.  The doctor was out of the office on Friday, but she's supposed to call me back on Monday.  And Jordan's cough is so much better!  He had been coughing and wheezing with practically every other breath for the longest time, and now all of a sudden there's a  big improvement.   Today, the cough was about the same as it was yesterday, but I haven't heard any wheezing.Thank you, God!  He is good and faithful, and I know that He will take care of my children.  

No comments: