"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, February 17, 2014

Horse Banquet

Now, I may not like horses, but I love my niece Keri-lyn.  Horses just happen to be her thing, so I was happy to go to her awards banquet last weekend.  I'm late writing about it, but it was a very memorable banquet and I never want to forget it, so here goes!

First off, I feel that it's important to note that this was an awards banquet for Keri-lyn's first horse show season.  She's been riding about a year or so, I think, and she loves it.  And she's great at it.  I love that she's found her "thing"...the thing she loves that makes her light up inside. 

I joined my sister and her family, my parents, and my Granny at the banquet.  It was a potluck with tons of food and I ate way too much.  After that, the awards started.   

Keri-lyn won an award.

And another.

And she just kept on winning!

I lost track of how many she won.  

And then, she won Student of the Year.

This one came with a cash prize of one thousand dollars.  What a great night for her!  She works so hard and she totally deserved that award.  She'll use if for horsey things...things she needs that I know nothing about.  Ha!  

I'm so glad that I was able to be there on her special night. 

No comments: