"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Just Some Funnies

Jordan is going through a phase.  He's been starting every sentence with "to tell you the truth".  Such as...
"To tell you the truth, I'm not going to church tonight."

"To tell you the truth, those guys on the Spartan team were calling us cuss words."  

"To tell you the truth, I'm not ready to go to bed yet."

To tell you the truth, he sounds like a little old man and it's hilarious.  

*****

Today in church, I ran into a lady in the bathroom.  She asked me if Violet was my baby.  I replied, "That's my girl!" and she said she was taking care of her in the nursery.  She went on to tell me how sweet my little Vi is and then said that she remembered when Jordan was in her class.  I was about to ask how in the world she remembered him from so many years ago when she said, "I'd never forget Jordan".  Yes, he is quite unforgettable.  

*****

My teenager has been broody around the house. Extra broody.  His broodiness rivals that of Edward Cullen in New Moon. I would be annoyed, but he broods the way I brooded when I was his age.  So I just smile and remind myself that this, too, shall pass. 

He did, however, go visit his baby sister today at church while she was in her class.  Violet's teachers let him hold her for a minute and she cried for him when he left.  It's funny how she can bring out his soft side. 

*****

Recent conversation with Violet:

Me:  "Violet, let's get ready for Jordan's football game.  Are you going to wear your green shirt?"

Violet:  *silence*

Me:  "Are you going to cheer for your brother?"

Violet:  *claps her hands*

Me:  "Are you going to wear your pretty green bow?"

Violet:  "Nah!"
Given her extreme refusal to wear hair bows, I assume Nah means No!

*****
Violet loves dolls.  She loves to pretend to be a mommy.  Here she is with her newest doll.   See how much she loves her baby?

A few minutes later I had the idea to use Violet's favorite blanket to wrap up her baby.  I did so, and handed her back to Violet.  Vi took one look, ripped the blanket off, and threw her baby on the floor.  Ha ha!

*****

I received a phone call from Jordan's choir director last week.  She had to tell me that at their last rehearsal Jordan got in trouble for looking under the stall while his friend was using the bathroom.  When I questioned him about it he said, "He wasn't even using the bathroom."  I asked how he knew that.  And he replied, "Because we'd already used the bathroom.  He just ran back in there to hide from me because I was shaking water from the sink all over him".  While I searched for the words to say next, Shaun piped in with, "Jordan, when are you going to learn to not goof off in the bathroom?".  Is it wrong that I was relieved that Jordan wasn't being a Peeping Tom? 








No comments: