"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Not Your Average Sunday

Church was interesting today, that's for sure.  For starters, it was an extra early day for us.  Shaun sang with the Solution Choir in the main service and we were actually on time for the 7:15 a.m. sound check.  

I can never, ever get any good shots of my kids when they minister.  This is the best I could do from the balcony.  For the record, the choir sounded great.  Shaun was on the front row giving it all he had.  I love that he loves to worship.  

We had a special guest during Pastor Franklin's sermon today.  We are currently in the middle of a sermon series entitled Fear Fighters.  The special guest was Tino Wallenda of The World Famous Wallendas. The message was a good word for me about staying focused on God in the middle of your circumstance.  I needed to hear it!  Tino did his thing on the tight rope to illustrate the sermon.  Very cool!

Again, I couldn't get a decent picture from my seat, so I stole these from my friend Steven's Facebook page.


Like I said, not your average Sunday at church.  I love it!  I also loved that my parents came to church with me.  :)

And, just because it's adorable, here's a picture of Violet admiring her Daddy during his soundcheck this morning. 

No comments: