"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, September 30, 2013

Random Ramblings and some Musings, Too

I should be asleep by now, but instead I'm waiting up to see what's going to happen with our government.  Will there be a shutdown?  Will an agreement be reached?  I'm tired of hearing about it, but I'm too high strung to sleep tonight until I know.  I'm disappointed in our government.  That's all I'm going to say.  Except maybe we just need a king and a queen instead of a House of Reps and a Senate.  Just kidding.  Kind of.  

Violet's been sick again.  She's ran a high fever for a few days and feels miserable.  We haven't gotten much sleep and it definitely showed today.  Shaun had piano this afternoon and I wanted to take Vi on a walk afterward.  I thought fresh air would be good for her.  So on the way to piano I called the doctor to make an appointment for tomorrow.  Only the nurse told me I needed to bring her in today. My first thought:  I can't go to the doctor looking like this!  "This" meaning a semi dirty shirt, yoga pants, and my unwashed hair stuffed into my hat.  Don't judge.  Please.  It was a bad day and I had no plans to get out of the car except at Wilshire Trails where no one would notice how I looked.  But we wound up at the doctor's instead.  I swear, everyone who came into that exam room did a double take and asked if I was alright... then they asked about Violet.  I guess I looked that bad.  Sigh.  I was so tired that I didn't even care.  And Violet just has a virus that has to run it's course.  

I finally spent some time with my sister today.  We exercised and went to Wal-Mart.  I still hate running.  I reached a new low.  Instead of just wanting to cry, I actually did cry some tears.  Ugh.  

Eleven more minutes until the government shuts down.  Oh, the tension.  

No comments: