"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Scary Stories

A few weeks ago, when our Georgia summer finally experienced a cool snap, Jordan went outside and said something along the lines of, "Mom, I think the weather should be like this all the time.  I'm tired of it being so hot".  

I totally agreed.  

Then he said that he wanted to get some spooky books from the library since the weather felt like Fall. I did what any mother would do:  I called on Alvin Schwartz.  I reserved some of my favorite spooky books from the library, some of my childhood favorites:  In a Dark Dark Room, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, and More Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.  Those last two scared me silly as a child, and  I hoped my boys would love them, too.

They did.  

We loved them so much, in fact, that we renewed them twice and kept them six weeks.  For a while there, Jordan started telling everyone he knew a scary story.  I had to put a stop to that…not everybody appreciates a good scary story.  We had a lot of fun with these books and they brought back lots of memories. I have to turn them in today and I'm kind of sad about it.  


Until next year, my friends!

No comments: