"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Jr Trojan Football 2013

Well, football is over, at least for us.  Our final game was last Saturday.  The 7U Jr Trojans were 2-6.  Not the best record in the league, but I think most of the kids had fun anyway, and I know Jordan learned a lot.  

We had some frustrating moments… like when Jordan was suddenly pulled from the offensive line with no warning whatsoever.  He's good at offense.  Really good at blocking.  We didn't understand why he wasn't playing offense anymore.  And then Chris found out that Jordan told his coach that he wouldn't play offense anymore unless he could be the quarterback.  Sigh.  And ha ha!  He never did get to the the quarterback, but he's taken to running at the track with me so that he'll get faster and have a shot next year.  I love his determined spirit.  

Football surprised me.  I have never been shy about my dislike of the game or the fact that I did NOT want Jordan to play.  I thought it was too hot to make them work so hard at practice, and I hated when the coaches yelled at our boys.




  Well, now, it has grown on me and I'm seriously sad that our games are over. 


Chris was able to help coach.  Jordan both loved and hated this.  Ha!

I love this picture of Chris, Coach Scott and Jordan walking back to the field after a half-time.  I wonder what they were talking about?

And Shaun and some of his friends helped with water.

Violet did not care for football.  Sometimes she was such a handful that I couldn't even watch the game…I just pushed her around in her stroller and listened to her whine.  She did look adorable in her spirit wear, though.  Go Big Green!

I got out the monkey leash on our 7th game.  I wish I had thought of it sooner.  She was content to walk around and I could watch the game. 

Like I said, we didn't win many games.  Here's Jordan's victory dance after his second win of the season.  Priceless!

Even though we're sad it's over, it was nice to sleep in this morning.  Our lazy Saturdays won't last long.  Jordan's already talking about wrestling and Shaun will be starting basketball soon.  Exciting times around here!

No comments: