"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Field Trip!


The Smith Academy took a little field trip yesterday.  We drove to Kennesaw and met up with some other members of our co-op at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History.  It took a lot longer to get there than I anticipated and we were late.  Our group was gracious and waited on us, thank goodness.  It was a great museum!  We all love the Civil War and Shaun is taking a Civil War Class at co-op.  The boys and Chris really enjoyed it.  I let them spend time together and hung out with Violet during the tour.  The museum has an AMAZING playroom for little ones and she had a blast.  

We did manage to look around the actual museum a little bit.  She kept saying "Hey" to the statue railroad workers and seemed very confused when they didn't answer her back.  I guess she was wondering why they didn't make a big deal about her the way everyone else does.  Ha!


After the tour was over we explored the old caboose outside and I was finally able to take some pictures. 



And one more of the five of us.  

Things may be different next year.  Jordan is talking about going to "real" school next year.  We're praying about it and I'm preparing my heart for the possibility of him not being home all of the time.  We have almost a year to decide...I think it will take that long for me to be ready.  Ha!


For now, I'm soaking in every minute of having all three of our kids at home. We had a really fabulous day together yesterday.  After the field trip, we had lunch and took Shaun to his piano lesson.  Then we continued our quest to find Violet a pair of black Mary Janes.  It should NOT be this difficult.  Since we were in the mall and Halloween is next week we decided to pay one last visit to the "Halloween" store.  Others know it as Spirit. 

We've frequented this store for the past several months.  We never buy anything but it's cheap entertainment.  The first time we went Jordan screamed like a little girl at the jumping spider.  This caused me to laugh so hard I nearly peed my pants.  The kids LOVE this store.  I thought it was amusing at first but here's the way I felt yesterday:


To say that I'm over the "Halloween store" would be an understatement.  



Sigh. 

We were really just killing time until Jordan's end of the season football party. 

And then it was time for home.  And bed.  It was a good day. 

No comments: