"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, March 25, 2013

Star-studded Sunday

Yesterday started out kind of blah for me, but things quickly changed once we got to church. I was so depressed because Jase Robertson from Duck Dynasty was in Georgia speaking at a church nearby and we weren't getting to go.  My boys and I are kind of nuts about Duck Dynasty and we were so disappointed when both of the events sold out before we could get tickets.  The pouring rain didn't help lift my mood, either.  We got to church and Chris and I went our separate ways the way we usually do.  We usually just see each other in passing on Sundays because we're doing different things so I was really surprised when he showed up at the info desk.  I was even more surprised when he asked me if I wanted to go see Jase Robertson that night.  He had found someone with two extra tickets for us.  

I was so excited!  Just the day before I had been thinking about how much I missed spending time with Chris... he's been so busy with everything and so have I.  When I prayed Saturday night I asked God to work it out for us to have a date night.  Date nights are getting harder to come by now that we have to find sitters for all three kids.  Ha! Big thanks to my parents who agreed to watch the kids at such short notice.  I always find it sort of funny when God answers little prayers like that.  He really does care about the "every day" stuff, too.  

Chris and I had a great time.  Jase Robertson did not disappoint.  He was funny and brought a great word from the Lord.  I only with that the boys could have come too.  And that we could have taken pictures!

That was Sunday evening.  A few hours before that, I was talking to some friends at church and we noticed that Matt Redman was in our vicinity. I love Matt Redman in the same way that I love Jase Robertson.  So many of his songs have ministered to me over the past 10 years.  I really, really wanted to have my picture taken with him but I was really, really too embarrassed.  So I asked my friend's daughter to ask him for me.  Ha ha!  I really have no shame, I guess, but I did get to meet him and he posed for a picture with us.  I was totally star-struck!



Afterward, we looked at our pictures and realized that Micah Massey was in the background.  He's our worship leader and his song "Your Presence is Heaven" just won a Grammy.  Actually, it tied for a Grammy with Matt Reedman's song "10,000 Reasons".  How funny is it that we got both of them in our picture?  We didn't want to make Micah feel bad, so we went back and asked for a picture with him, too.  I think we take him for granted because we see him every week, but I've never had a picture with him and I was finally able to tell him congratulations in person.  It was a good day!




No comments: