"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

7

The Storyteller by:  Jodi Picoult

I'm actually speechless.  I have no words to describe how utterly wonderful this book is.  Seriously.  I could never do it justice and I won't even try.

Jodi Picoult's last few new releases were kind of disappointing to me and I almost didn't read this one.  I decided to go ahead and give it a try because I knew it was about the Holocaust.  And The Hubs bought me a new iPad so I had to try out the Kindle app.  :)

I've been interested in the Holocaust ever since I read about Anne Frank in the 8th grade.  Anne Frank and the tons of documentaries I've seen could never have prepared me for what I felt as I was reading The Storyteller.  The horror.  The sense of desperate hopelessness of the Jews.  The outrage of "Oh my gosh!  How could this have happened?  Why didn't someone do something about it?!?!"  This book got under my skin.  Gave me nightmares.  I couldn't put it down. 

Go read it!   


No comments: