"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Change of Plans

I had today all planned out when I went to bed last night.  The kids and I were going to wake up early and do our school work so that we could meet my friend Kelli and her kids at the park after lunch.  

We did wake up early and I even managed to do science and history over breakfast.  Then Chris left to go to work.  As he was walking out of the door he called, "Are you coming to prayer service today?"  We sometimes meet him for noon prayer service on Wednesdays but I told him that we had other plans today.  Then he said, "Okay.  I'm singing at the service."

He says he told me this last night, but I just don't think so.  Otherwise I would have made plans to be there.  Either way, the boys wanted to go so I postponed our park plans with Kelli and we scrambled to get ready and complete some more school.  We actually got quite a bit finished.  We'll just have to make up a few things on Saturday to stay on track for this week.  The beauty of homeschooling!

When we got to church Chris' boss asked Jordan if he wanted to sing a song with his Daddy during the service.  Of course, she didn't have to ask twice.  They sang "10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman at the end of the service.  That song is not easy to sing, but it's one of Jordan's favorites and he poured everything he had into it.  I was so proud of him!
This picture is terrible...the zoom on my camera's phone is so bad.  But can you make out his little mouth belting out the song.  I love it!

Chris' "boss lady" was in charge of preaching the sermon for prayer service today.  She preached about deliverance, among other things.  I needed to hear this.  I needed to be reminded that deliverance comes from the Lord.  In His time, not ours. We have some family members in desperate need of His deliverance and sometimes the waiting is so frustrating.  Jill's message kind of put me in my place a little bit.  :)

Oh, and Violet learned to sit up from a "crawling position"  during the service.  She was getting antsy and we were sitting in the back so I spread out her blanket on the floor and let her go.  Not too long ago she taught herself how to crawl in the Kidpak auditorium and that's where she learned to sit up, too.  I love that she is literally growing up in the church.  

After church we went to lunch with Chris and some of the guys from Kidpak.  That's always fun.  Then we had some time to kill.  Gas is so expensive, so we try to not make two trips into Gainesville in one day if we can help it.  The weather was nice today and the boys wanted to go to the park.  They played a little and then wanted to walk the trails.  And, they wanted to pose for pictures, which hardly ever happens.  

My handsome boys!

We walked for a LONG time.  The boys loved it and Violet did, too.  We went to the library next and then it was time for church.  The main service was amazing and from what I heard, so was the kids' service downstairs.  

We came home after church and had a late chili dinner and then watched Duck Dynasty.  

It was a pretty good little Wednesday!

No comments: