"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thankful

It hit me just the other day that at this time last year, The Hubs and I had decided that maybe we might possibly want another baby.  On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, in fact, I sat with my sister in the Kroger Starbucks and told her my dream.  Truthfully, I didn't think it would happen, at least not for awhile.  It took months and months to get pregnant with Jordan, and that was six years ago.  Even when Chris and I prayed together about the future of our family, I had my doubts.  That was at Thanksgiving.  I became pregnant in December. We found out in January.  And now, 10 short months later, we have an almost-3-month-old daughter.  

Yes, God is faithful.  He heard the desires of our hearts and made it happen.  And He was quick about it, too!

True to the holiday, I've been counting my blessings this week. Just like the song my Mamaw used to sing... "Count your blessings!  Name them one by one.  Count your many blessings, see what God has done..."

I am thankful for all of the usual things... my family, our health, our home, etc.  But I'm especially thankful for God's unending faithfulness to us.  He has provided for us in the most amazing ways over the past few months.  Several times over the past year, He has taken away and we were left asking, "why!" only to see His plan work out later.  When we've had a need, He's met it.  More than once, He has supernaturally given us what we've needed.  Even with Chris being out of work, we haven't wanted for anything or had to go without.  Only God can work this stuff out!  

Do we deserve it?  No.  But somehow He sees fit to keep on blessing us, and we are eternally grateful.  

And so, on this Thanksgiving, I am thankful most of all for my loving, faithful, Heavenly Father.  

Many Thanksgiving blessings to you all!

No comments: