"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

We had a relatively low-key Halloween.  As usual!  We just don't make a big deal out of it the way we used to.  The kids did get more use out of their costumes this year than they usually do.  I think they dressed up in their Halloween gear three times:  we did "Trick or Treat on the Trail" last weekend, a Fall Festival at our homeschool co-op on Monday, and the Fall Festival at church last night.  Halloween fell on a Wednesday this year, so we didn't even have to worry about Trick or Treating... which I loved!

My little family and I spent the day together.  We slept in a little bit and then just lazed around.  It was nice to not have to rush around for once.  We went out for a late lunch together and then I dropped Chris and the kids off at Party City because he didn't have his costume yet.  While they were in there, Violet and I went to vote early.  I decided that I love, LOVE, LOVE early voting.  We were in and out in about 15 minutes, including the long walk in and out of the building.  Before I became a SAHM, I worked in the new Hall County building.  It was weird being in there again even though everything inside was different.  

Like I said, there was no waiting time to vote, but apparently I wasn't fast enough because my three boys grew bored at Party City and decided to walk to Publix.  I found them at the corner of the Publix parking lot and the street, waving to cars in their costumes. It's never boring around here, folks.  

We went to church after that.  Here's a shot of the ninja and Darth Vader.

These two absolutely hate having their picture taken and I had to bribe them to get this one shot.  Jordan was originally going to Spiderman.  I bought the suit weeks ago.  When we were getting ready yesterday, he went out to the car and found this old Darth Vader outfit that used to be Shaun's.  And that's what he decided to be.  Even though the Darth Vader suit was super old and worn out and didn't have a mask.  I didn't say a word, just uttered a prayer of thanks that I found the Spiderman suit on sale and paid next to nothing for it.  

We didn't buy an official costume for Violet. I knew we weren't going Trick or Treating and she doesn't go to the nursery at church yet, so she didn't need a costume for the Fall Festival.  Call me cheap, but I just didn't want to spend money on something that she'd never get any more use out of. I think she looked pretty cute anyway, though.

My sister-in-law gave us the "My First Halloween" onesie and we had a black tutu. Add in the crocheted hat and a pair of baby tights and you have one adorable baby.  So that's what she was..."adorable" for Halloween!

We all had fun at the Fall Festival, except for Jordan.  He got too cold and talked his friend Tiffany into bringing him inside to me.  He helped us out in the preschool game room. Here he is getting ready to hand out balloons.  

This makes me smile.  I think he would have floated away if he had been outside.  Ha ha!

This picture was taken last weekend at a Pumpkin Carving party.  I was pretty impressed with all of these.  Chris carved the one on the upper left.  

And that was our Halloween 2012!

No comments: