"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, October 1, 2012

One Month Later

Today, or rather yesterday, since it's technically October 1st already, Violet turned 1 month old.  

We can't believe a whole month has passed already!  

Violet celebrated her birthday by sleeping so, SO well on Saturday night.  I guess she wanted to prove to us that she's becoming a big girl!  We moved her to her crib for the first time (she had been sleeping in our room in a bassinet)and she seemed to like it.  

Things have calmed down considerably around here.  I guess it took us a month to get our groove on.  

I wanted to be all organized and list all of Violet's stats on here, but I can't find the sheet we brought home from her two week check up.  I'll have to play it by ear.  

Our little Violet weighs around 8 pounds.  She takes 3-4 ounces of formula every 3-4 hours, unless we're out and about.  When we travel, she usually just sleeps!  She still wears size Newborn diapers- we prefer Huggies.  She loves to be carried in the sling... and I admit that I love that she loves to be carried this way. Loud noises don't phase her.  Why would they? She's been accustomed to chaos since before she was born!  She has totally stolen the hearts of the men in her life.  She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger already and her big brothers are SO protective.  Shaun is more laid back about it.  He asks to hold and feed her, but only when no one else is around.  Jordan wants to help do everything, and he even told my cousin Jane that "only family can touch her".  Jane had to explain that she was indeed family and that she had taken care of me when I was Violet's size before Jordan would let her touch his sister. Ha!

Violet seems to be pretty laid back.  She goes with the flow, going wherever we go.  She's been shopping, to soccer games, to church (not to the nursery yet, though), out to eat, to co-op, Lego Land, and lots  more.  Wherever we go, people tell us how beautiful she is, and we have to agree!

Here are some pictures from Violet's first month:

Just a few days old.  

One of my favorite pictures of her!




A few weeks old.  This is before her first church service.  She was so good!  Even when she woke up, she stayed very quiet!

 This one cracks me up.  She was so tired and her pacifier kept falling out.  She'd wake up just enough to keep the tip of it in her mouth. 


One month old and on her second field trip.  We had just been to a play.
 Not the best picture in the world, but I wanted a picture on her birth day.  Thanks to my friend Kelli for getting me the "first year" stickers!

Happy One Month, Violet!  We love you!

No comments: