"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Take Heart!

It seems as though a lot of people I know have been discouraged lately.  Discouraged, or maybe just overwhelmed with all that life throws at us.  Sometimes, at least for me, it seems like nothing can go normally or smoothly at all.  Ever!  Its always something.  Either the kids are giving me fits with their behavior, we're short on cash, The Hubs and I are at odds with one another, a friend and I have a disagreement, there's family drama, the dryer breaks, one of the kids is sick, all of the kids are sick, I am sick, I'm depressed, the car tears up, or we need new tires.  It really is always something.  

You know what they say.  "That's life"!  

Who the heck are "they", anyway?

And these are just normal, every day, run of the mill issues.  Heaven forbid something really major happens.  Cancer.  A death in the family.  A car accident.  In addition to the "normal" stressors.  It can seem like too much to bear sometimes.  

Life is hard.  

I was reading my Bible the other day and I came across this verse:

"I've told you all this so that trusting me, you will be unshakable and assured, deeply at peace. In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties. But take heart! I've conquered the world."  John 16:32-33 MSG

Yes, I've heard this verse before.  About a million times, actually. But it struck a chord in my heart this time and I just feel like saying, to every one of you out there who is struggling, to keep your chin up.  If you know Jesus, this world is NOT your home.  One day we'll live perfect lives with our Father and have no problems.  In the meantime, we can rest assured and have peace about the fact that no matter what happens, He will see us through.  Big problems or everyday drama.  He's got this.  He knows about every one of our issues before we even had a thought about them. Now does this mean that I'm going to skip and sing when my car dies?  Or when I've grounded my 12 year old yet again for his smart mouth?  Or when a family member passes away?

Heck, no!  But it does make it somewhat more bearable, don't you think?

So, take heart!

Hang in there.  

My prayer is that we all have peace that passes understanding, no matter what life throws our way.  

Take heart!  He has conquered the world and every little problem in it!  

No comments: