"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend

Yes, two posts in one day.  I'm trying to get back in the habit of blogging.  I miss it, and I really do want to record what's going on in our little family.  

Here are some pictures of what we did this weekend. If I'm friends with you on Facebook, most are just a repeat of what you've already seen.  

Saturday:
We all went our separate ways in the morning- I took Jordan to his soccer game and Chris and Shaun went to church for the Man to Man breakfast.  Jordan, Violet, and I ran errands after the game and then went back home for a few hours.  


This picture of Violet cracks me up.  She looks so exasperated!


After Chris and Shaun came home, we headed out to our friend Ryan's birthday party.  He turned 21!  I've known Ryan since he was a little boy and the fact that he's 21 now makes me feel extremely old.  He had a costume party at the park.  Except we couldn't wear costumes because we were on the way to a hockey game afterward.  It was still a fun party, though, with lots of Halloween-type games.  


We had to leave the party a little bit early so we could make it to the game in time.  The boys got free Gladiators tickets through a reading program.  This was our third year doing the program, and we finally saw not one, but two fights!  Chis was really excited about that!

Pre-game goofiness:



This is what Violet did in during the game:
Ha!  She actually stayed awake about half the time.  She was so good.  Never made a peep.  

I hate pictures of myself lately, but my mother has convinced me that one day I'll be sad that I don't have more pictures of me with the kids.  So here's a shot of me with Violet at the game.

Today was a church day.  I had really been looking forward to today, because Bill Wiese was at Free Chapel!  He preached an unforgettable message about Hell and tons of people gave their hearts to the Lord.  It was one of the best services I've ever been in.  The boys had choir practice after service, and then it was (finally!) time for lunch.  We don't get out of church until after 2:00 when there's choir practice, so we're always really hungry.  Today we tried a new place.  Pastability.  It was so-so.  In my opinion, Panara Bread is better, but my Greek Salad was pretty tasty.  And Jordan learned to use chop sticks.  

After lunch, we split up again.  The boys went home and Violet and I ran some errands.  After I came home, we went to the track at my old elementary school and the boys and Chris played football.  

They played until it began to get dark and Violet and I walked a few laps around the track. Is it bad that every time I go to that track I have flash backs from 5th grade P.E.  I was always last in the mile run.  :(

When it was dark we came home and I washed bottles and got everything together for our school week while Chris and the kids watched The Walking Dead.  I have been trying to get in to this show for almost a year now.  I can't get past the first few episodes of season 1 and I don't want to watch season 3 until I know what's going on.  So I'll just wait for it on NetFlix.  

Now, all the kids are sleeping, The Hubs is gaming, and I'm going to sleep myself.  We were so busy this weekend. Sometimes I feel like we need another weekend to recovery from the weekend we just had!  

No comments: