"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Other Violet

Violet has thrush.  She's pretty pitiful.  Her little tongue is sore and it hurts her to eat and use her pacifier.  The doctor called in some medicine, but she was really fussy so I kept her home from church tonight.  

When I went to Kroger to pick up her medicine, they told me that there wasn't any.  Medicine for Violet, that is.  The pharmacy clerk said that nothing had been phoned in, faxed in, or emailed in.  That pretty much covered everything.  I was frustrated,  but I had to laugh.  I walked away to get a few items that we needed, and heard an announcement over the loudspeaker for "Violet Smith's mother to return to the pharmacy".  I went back and the pharmacy man told me that her medicine had been called in, but that they had accidentally filled it for another Violet Smith in their computer.  A "really old" Violet Smith, apparently.  

Ha!  

I love my little girl and her "old lady" name!

No comments: