"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, October 7, 2012

This and That

We just came home from a visiting with my parents and sister.  Jordan told me that his cousin Layna was crying because someone she knows is in jail.  Jordan told me, "I just tried to talk to her and make her feel better.  I said it was okay to cry.  I was... you know... kind of like a pastor".  Love!

The weather's changing.  Fall is here, and I hope the temperature continues to act accordingly.  


Shaun's behavior has been absolutely AMAZING today.  I'm so proud of him.  His hormones have been kind of crazy lately.  I can totally relate to him!  We've really been praying for him, and today he had a great day.  I don't think he was in trouble at all.  Thank you, Lord! 


Jordan was pretty well behaved today, too.  As a reward, all three of the boys in our house are camped out in the living room for a "slumber party".  They haven't been able to do this in a long time due to two boys' smart mouths.  Violet's in there with them.  So far no one's objecting to a girl crashing the party.  


Speaking of Violet, she looked even more adorable than usual today.  Sadly, I didn't get to take her picture.  


Dr. Mark Rutland is joining the staff of our church.  I was so excited to hear this announcement this morning.  I've been listening to him on the radio for years.  It was the best news of the weekend. 


My sister, myself, and two of our friends are so excited to be going to the Twilight Marathon on November 15.  We'll get to see all of the movies one last time on the big screen, plus we get to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 at 10:00 instead of midnight.  And then it will be over.  :(

I've been watching more television that usual.  I've always preferred reading over watching TV, but Violet doesn't really allow me to read that much.  So we watch television together instead.  Most shows are a huge disappointment.  Being a huge "Friends" fan, we were really excited about Matthew Perry's new show.  Until we watched it.  We thought it was really lame.  We do, however, enjoy Revolution and The Mindy Project.  And of course, the new and final season of 

And now my sweet little baby girl is crying, so I must go see about her.  

No comments: