"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, July 14, 2012

God is Still Good

I won't lie.  The past week has been one from hell.  My husband lost his job.  Our insurance went with it.  We've had to deal with the unemployment office, the Health Department, and the DFACS office this week.  Oh, and I'm also having to change OBGYNs at 31 weeks pregnant.  Very stressful indeed.  

I was just recovering from it all and then yesterday my grandfather had a bleed on his brain.  This is similar to a stroke.  I don't really know what the difference is... Shaun had a bleed on his brain when he was born and they called it a stroke...  anyway, not important now.  Pawpaw's been in ICU on life-support.  This morning his doctor told my dad and grandma that they needed to make a decision about whether or not to continue life-support.  He is only breathing 2 times a minute without it.  

This sucks.  

I told the boys this morning.  They're upset. So am I.  We love our Pawpaw.  I can't imagine life without him.  Then again, I can't imagine him spending the rest of his life in a bed on life-support, either.  I know God can still heal him and turn this whole situation around.  But just in case He doesn't, I'm preparing myself and the kids.  

Either way this goes, it will be hard.  

Lots of prayers are appreciated.  

I just realized what I titled this post.  Yes, God is still good.  As far as Chris' job goes, God has already opened doors to bring in money to provide for our family.  It was crazy how it turned out.  He was without a job last Friday and by the next Thursday God blessed us with another part-time job for him.  Between that and his job at church, we will be almost breaking even with what he made before.  We will still be without insurance, but the kids can get on Peachcare until we figure something else out.  I was able to get Medicaid for the rest of my pregnancy.  I'm so thankful.  I have to see a new doctor next week, but now at least I won't have to pay a zillion dollars for a c-section.  And as far as my Pawpaw goes, as I told my boys this morning-  he's had a good life.  Of course my heart is breaking and it will be even more broken if he passes away, but he really has had a good life.  He laughed a lot, loved many, and was loved by even more.  I'm so thankful that I've had the honor of being his granddaughter.  Whatever happens, leaving this earth is not "good-bye".  It's simply "see you later!".  Someone told me that 4  years ago when my grandmother passed away and it was such a comfort to me.  

At the end of the day, that's why I can still say that God is good, even as I'm crying all over my laptop. 

Thank you for praying for us. 

1 comment:

Mrs. Nesbitt said...

Erin, we know this week has been terrible for you. We love your family dearly, so please let us know if there is anything we can do. Until then, know we we've been thinking about you and praying for you.

-David & Zena & Madison