"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 23, 2012

Baby Violet Update

I saw my new doctor again today.  I have to admit that I like this group even better than my other doctors.  They're being very cautious and I feel like Violet and I are in good hands.  This is such a relief!

Because my blood pressure is getting high again, I'm seeing the doctor once a week and also going to a perinatologist once a week for ultrasounds.  Last week at the doctor's office  my blood pressure was significantly high.  Enter the appointments twice a week.  The next morning Chris and I went for the ultrasound.  The baby looked great.  My blood pressure isn't effecting her growth- she weighs over 4 pounds.  One thing was abnormal.  One of her kidneys was slightly enlarged.  The doctor wasn't concerned.  He said it would most likely be normal-sized by the time she's born.  If not, she may have reflux of the kidney and be prone to kidney infections.  Nothing major.  We can live with that.  After she's here, our pediatrician will follow up.  

Today, I went back to the OBGYN.  My blood pressure was a little better, but still high. I wasn't as swollen as I was last week, which is a great sign.  The doctor is watching me for pre-eclampsia.  He doesn't think I'll make it to my due date.  Last week he said we'd shoot for delivering at 38 weeks and today he said that was the goal but most likely it would be earlier.  We will know more and make firmer plans next week when the results of my urine test comes back.  Until then, I'm on restriction again.  I'm off my feet and resting as much as possible.  This is harder than it sounds because we're not ready to have a baby yet!  I thought I had 6 more weeks and now it's looking more like 4 at the most.  We will get it done, we always do.  I don't think I've ever been fully prepared when I've given birth.  Why start now?  Ha!

One more thing.  Violet passed her non-stress test with flying colors today.  The doctor says she sounds absolutely wonderful.  Thank you, Lord!

No comments: