"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

We Were Not Impressed

I went back to the doctor today.  I was scheduled to see a different doctor than I've been seeing.  I didn't like her.  There's really no nice way to put that!  I wasn't impressed.  She knew nothing about my history, obviously hadn't even glanced at my chart, and everything she said was the exact opposite of what the other has been saying for the past two weeks.  My blood pressure was the same as it was last week.  The other doctor was concerned because it was high.  Today the new doctor said it was fine.  Last week the other doctor said, given my history, I would be able to deliver at 38 weeks.  Today's doctor said I'd be fine to wait until 39 weeks to have my c-section.  This would be wonderful news... if last week (or the week before) the doctor hadn't had concerns.  Given a choice, I would rather have a cautious doctor who knows my history and takes it seriously.  I really don't see how this new doctor could make an informed decision on how to treat my pregnancy if she's never seen my chart. 


My sister came with me and didn't like her, either.  Her exact words were, "I felt like telling her I that I have my own copy of What to Expect When You're Expecting."  


Ha ha!


I was scheduled to see the 3rd doctor in the practice next week, but I requested to see the one I'd been seeing.  They were able to squeeze me in, even though he's overbooked and I'll have to go to Brasleton.  I don't mind. I'm going to just try to see him for the rest of my pregnancy.  


Sometimes I'm a nervous wreck about this sweet baby girl.  








No comments: