"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, June 13, 2011

what's been making me laugh

The family and I went out to dinner Friday night. About halfway through the meal, our waiter noticed my key chain. It was sitting on the table next to Chris' plate. If you didn't know, the Hubs and I are sharing one car now. Which means we share one key chain. Even so, Chris allowed me to keep my Eclipse key ring with Robert Pattinson's picture on it. He's good-natured that way. As he filled up our glasses, the waiter looked Chris square in the eyes and asked, "Is that James Patterson?" To which Chris replied, with a straight face, "Naw. It's Robert Pattinson. You know, from Twilight". James Patterson, Robert Pattinson. Potato, pototo, right?

Shaun and I began a unit on fairy tales today. He was given the assignment to write his own fairy tale. This is what he's written so far:
Once upon a time, there lived an evil witch. She was mad at a prince because he had chopped her hand off. The witch could not ride on her broomstick with only one hand. So, the witch planned to chop the prince's hand off and use it as her own.

Jordan woke up in the middle of the night. So he woke me up to. Through sleep-blurred ears I could barely make out his words as he stood at the head of my bed:
"Mommy. I just saw a mouse in the bathroom. And I don't want Summer Xtreme to be over."

My church sisters. We spent the week together last week and laughed our heads off the whole time. I was trying to think of a single incident to write about, but I can't. There are just too many.

This video of my crazy husband. I'm glad he can make me laugh.

As you can see, I'm feeling pretty wonderful these days. I'm so thankful. Laughter really is the best medicine.

1 comment:

abigail said...

The story about your key chain cracked me up. You married a good man. :)