"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, June 3, 2011

deals and quotes

I had my eyes checked today. No more glasses for me. Thank God. Wearing glasses really stinks in the summertime. Nothing's worse than having your sweaty face fog up your lenses. The cute, sweet, English optometrist at Pearl Vision tried to talk me into getting the "eye scan" today instead of just having my eye dilated. Of course, the scan isn't covered by insurance and costs an extra 29 bucks. I told him that I promised I'd get the scan next year. And then he hit me with...

"How about this? If you promise to have it done next year, I'll give it to you free today. Deal?"

He didn't have to ask me twice. And I didn't have to have my eyes dilated. Major score.

After my appointment, I met my friend Kelli at Panara Bread. As always, it was fabulous. My favorite quote from dinner:

Music plays. We both look up.

Me: "Isn't that-"

Kelli: "That's Bella's song. Oh no. It's Claire DeLune."


Ha ha!

We window shopped after dinner. Until I found a dress/shirt on sale at Marshall's for only 10 dollars. So I bought it. And it fit. Kelli found the deal of the year at Dot's. Sweater for next winter for only 1 dollar. Needless to say, Dot's is her new favorite store.

When I returned home, the kids were still awake. I went to give them their good night kisses and Jordan asked me where my glasses are. I told him that I had gone to the doctor and bought new contacts, so I didn't need the glasses anymore. He replied:

"Oh, well that's so wonderful that you don't have to have glasses anymore."

I love him. :)

About an hour later, I heard footsteps in the hallway. Then I heard Shaun say to Chris, who was playing Call of Duty in the living room:

"Dad? I'm really sorry that I called you an egg head tonight".

I love him, too. :)

No comments: