"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

an honest mistake

I have PMS this week... bad. Just ask my kids. Or my husband. Or my sister. Or anyone else who has had the misfortune of coming into contact with me this week. I'm more than a little on edge.

The only thing that's larger than my irritability level is my clean laundry pile. Almost every article of clothing in my house is clean... and piled up on the laundry room floor right in front of the dryer. No one can find anything... underwear, clothes, swimming trunks. Whenever someone needs something to wear, I trudge into the laundry room, plop down on the floor, and with a huge sigh, begin to dig through this mountainous pile. I'd take a picture to show you just how huge it really is, but my mom would faint.

I. Hate. Putting. Away. Laundry.

I really do. I don't mind washing it. I kind of enjoy folding it, in small quantities. But I hate putting it away. I always have. Probably always will. But yesterday, I decided that enough was enough. I vowed to tackle this chore once and for all. I was also smart enough to know that I'd never get it done during the day. So, I tapped the RedBox app on my phone and discovered that Clueless was in at the RedBox at Walgreen's. Right on Chris' way home. So I sent him this text:

Could you please stop at the Walgreen's RedBox on your way home? I'd like a movie to watch while I fold all of the laundry tonight. Clueless. Or Just Go With It. Thanks. Love you. Bye.

I began to get really excited about folding up all that laundry, because I'd be watching Clueless while I did it. Yes. I really do love that movie. It's been a favorite of mine since middle school. I always think of this movie whenever I watch anything with Paul Rudd in it, to this day.

You can imagine my disappointment and surprise when Chris came home with two DVDs. One was The Dilemma. The other was Grownups. I just looked at him and asked if he was serious. He wanted to know what the problem was. I told him that I had no desire to see The Dilemma. Or Grownups, since I'd already seen it several times and it wasn't my favorite, by a long shot. He told me that Walgreen's now has 2 machines and one of them, obviously the one that held Clueless, was out of order. Then he looked at me, all confused, and said:

"I just picked something else... since you told me to just go with it."

Wow. Just... wow. It really was kind of funny, I guess. I told him that Just Go with It is a movie... which was why I'd typed it in capitol letters. He told me that he doesn't really ever pay attention to capitol letters, especially in text messages.

So, I didn't get the laundry folded. I attempted to fold one basket while I watched The Dilemma, but lost interest in both.

P.S. I did apologize for acting like such a psycho about something as trivial as a movie. And he forgave me.

1 comment:

passionlady said...

i so understand this . thought it ws hilarious about the just go with it. sounds like what my man would do...