"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, June 6, 2011

our xtreme day... 1

Summer Xtreme began today.

We all had fun. Here's a shot of Jordan and his best friend, Mike. I was informed today, by Jordan, that Mike is his best friend. I've never met this Mike before. I do hope he's worthy to be my babe's best friend. Ha ha! Jordan and Mike were being entertained by a puppet show.


I love the expressions on their faces.

I also took this picture of Shaun and his friend John at Skate Country. They both decided that they were too hungry to wait for their (free) pizza lunch. Here they are, enjoying their nachos. And yes, they both ate their lunch about 20 minutes later.


I have the pleasure of being in charge of a wonderful group of sixth grade girls this week. The best girls in our church, in my opinion! No clique-like drama with these girls. And, sixth grade gets to sit up front during our worship services. I had a straight shot of Chris. I love watching him worship. There's nothing like it. Maybe I'll remember my camera tomorrow so I can snap a picture.

What else?

While the kids skated today I was able to visit with my "church sisters". I'm so thankful for them. It always amazes me how God can bring people together exactly when they need each other.

Shaun and I had a good talk about today's message on the way home. The scripture was from Psalm 139. One of my favorites! Here's the passage from The Message...

17 Your thoughts—how rare, how beautiful!
God, I'll never comprehend them!
I couldn't even begin to count them—
any more than I could count the sand of the sea.

The pastor spoke to our kids about how wonderful God truly thinks we are. Even the things that we may not like about ourselves, our God loves those things... and He has lots and lots of wonderful, awesome thoughts about us. Pastor also spoke of pearls. How a priceless item can be formed from an irritation or a problem. It was a great word. Exactly what my boy needed to hear.

Both kids have been sleeping soundly for about an hour. I can't remember the last time Jordan was sleeping before midnight. Maybe we should have Summer Xtreme every day!

Oh. And last but not least. A church staff member came up to me today... someone I've never talked to before. She grabbed me in the hallway and said, "Your son sure can run fast!". Turns out she was talking about Jordan. He made a break for it and escaped the activity room today. Needless to say we had a "talk" before bed tonight about staying with his group and following the rules.

No comments: