"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Vision

A few days ago, out of nowhere, I had a "vision". I can't think of another way to describe it. I was washing dishes after lunch and it was like a scene from a movie popped into my head. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

Something really bad had happened. I don't know what, but I was broken. Heartbroken. Sobbing on my bed. I could see myself crying gut-wrenching sobs, so hard I wasn't able to speak. Then, the "view-point" changed and I was seeing things through "my eyes"...through the eyes of the "me" in this vision, or whatever it was. Like I said before, I don't know what had happened to make me cry this way, but I could feel the desperate panic in my chest, and absolute sadness. So there I was, crying, sobbing, calling out to God. Then, I raised my eyes to look up beside my bed. I was so exhausted that this was a major effort. A man was just sitting there. Beside me, but not in the bed with me. Almost like he was in a chair beside my bed. There is no chair beside my bed, but I guess that's beside the point. Anyway, this is hard to explain, but I couldn't really make out His face. He was just there with me, and somehow I knew that He was God. I wasn't scared. It was actually a comfort to know that he was there. We made eye-contact...and we were able to communicate. Without spoken words. I looked at Him through puffy, gritty, tired eyes...the eyes that come from a major crying fit...and told Him that I was hurting. Desperate. Sad. Didn't know how I was going to get through this. Whatever it was. And done. I told Him I was done with this whole situation, and I couldn't do it anymore. I don't remember being angry at Him. Just matter-of-fact. And, as He looked back, He told me that He understood. But that I still had to go through this. But that He would be right there. And that I'd be okay. He told me that things happened that I wouldn't understand, and that it wasn't my place to understand right now, but that He understood everything I was feeling. He said He would get me through this, if I'd let Him.

I'm not trying to claim bad things to happen in my life. And I know how utterly weird this whole thing sounds. I also know that I'm not any kind of prophet or anything like that. But this experience scared me. For the rest of the day I was terrified that something was going to happen to one of my children. Or my husband. Or my nieces and nephews, or my sister or parents or...you get the picture. I've told a few people about this. Just so they will join me in prayer for the protection of my family, and also for me. That this fear will not consume me. I'm asking the same of you. Please. Pray for my family's protection.

As I said before, I don't know why I had this vision. I don't know what it means. But I can't shake it. I know that God's will is God's will. But I also know that Satan is out to kill and destroy. The prayers of God's people are powerful and can foil these attacks. I urge each of you to not let your families go unprotected. Let's pray for each other! Let's not give the enemy a step to stand on.

I pray for God's blessings and protection to surround the families of everyone who reads this. And even those who don't. Guard them, Lord. I pray that no weapon formed against them should prosper. Protect them from any influences that would lead them away from Your will. You are an awesome God, and I thank you for all that you've done and will continue to do for me. Amen!

No comments: