"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, May 24, 2010

Not Me! Monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to < target="_blank" href="http://www.mycharmingkids.net">her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

While shopping in Target with my sister and all of our children, I did NOT let my kids bounce around and make lots of noise while I talked to a friend we ran into. The conversation with our old friend did NOT lead to her showing us a picture of her pierced....private parts. That's right. I did NOT stand around in the aisle at Target giggling at extremely inappropriate pictures around lots of strangers. Not Me!

I did NOT change my mind about homeschooling Jordan last week. Then, I did NOT change my mind again. And again. And again. I would never be so indecisive and doubtful about my ability to teach my youngest child. And I did NOT make several calls to local preschools this morning to see if they had any openings for next year. Not Me!

I did NOT unintentionally anger my husband by not inviting him along to a "girls only" movie date to see...you guessed it: Eclipse. When he asked if he could come along anyway, I did NOT tell him no, reasoning that this is a tradition, of sorts. After hearing this, my Hubs did NOT tell me that he would just go purchase IMAX tickets for the same movie and not take me. We did NOT have a mini-argument over this whole issue. I did NOT accuse him of being a "mean, girly, Twilight fan". He did NOT accuse me of being "an obsessed loser". We eventually made up, and at the end of the day, I am NOT getting an opportunity to see the same movie twice, in theaters. I'm NOT extremely excited about this.

No comments: