"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Smack!

Church was good tonight. So good. One of those services where the Spirit moved and the preacher didn't even get to preach. Where half of the church ended up in the alter. Where worship ran rampant. The kind of service where miracles happen.

I needed that kind of service. And when I left, I was so pumped. Refreshed. Ready to face tomorrow and tackle all of my problems. I skipped downstairs to pick up my children. Chris met me at the door. He asked me if I have his phone. I tell him no. He tells me that his iPhone has been stolen.

SMACK!

Just like that. My proverbial bubble was busted. A slap in the face. My flesh kicked back in and anger rose up. Seriously? Someone stole my husband's phone. In church. The phone with the cracked glass that's being held together by surgical tape because we really just don't have the money to buy a new one. It was stolen? IN CHURCH? It was taken from the band's "green room" (which is actually just an enclosed stair case landing in the backstage area of the kids' auditorium) while the band was playing during the worship service. IN CHURCH???

UGH. Frustrated doesn't even begin to cover it. I begin to have thoughts like this:

Well, thanks a lot, God. How nice. You know we can't afford to by a new phone this week.

Whoever took this phone deserves to go to jail. Or to get hit by a truck and hospitalized.

If we find out who did this, we will make 'em pay.


Everyone pitched in. The area was searched. Plans were made to view the security camera footage. But, Chris still didn't have a cell phone when we left. I was still fuming during dinner. Then, I had a flashback from last Wednesday's church service, where I heard this wonderful little quote:

"Circumstances are not authorized to seperate me from the presence of Jesus."- T. F. Tenney

Amen. Amen, amen, amen. This is so true. It has become my "life verse", if you will. I'm still mad about the phone. I'm praying we get it back. I would be sooooo happy if Chris simply misplaced it. This is highly unlikely, but it could happen. Yes, I'm angry.

But I'm even angrier that I let a "circumstance" rob me of the joy I felt after service tonight.

Sigh.


No comments: