"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This past week, I did NOT:

...inadvertently cause the death of my friend's family cat. Not Me!

...accidentally catch our toaster oven on fire while making a midnight snack of nachos and cheese. My grandmother always told me how closely those toaster ovens needed to be watched, so I did NOT run to the restroom while my cheese and chips were toasting, and I definitely did NOT forget that I had anything in that toaster oven in the first place.

...form a freakish bond with a random stranger in a waiting room. The source behind this freakish bond was NOT The Twilight Saga. And I was NOT totally thrilled to meet a "Twilight Dad". Not Me!

...find myself explaining what a "Starship" store is to a woman old enough to be my grandmother. This conversation did NOT take place at church, during our School of Discipleship class. And, since I'm 29 years old I most certainly did NOT blush during our talk. I'm way too mature for that!

...tell my children that they were not allowed to drink Mtn Dew and then squirrel one away in the back of the fridge so that I could drink it after they went to sleep. Not Me! If they can't drink it, I don't drink it!

No comments: