"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Scaling Down

I made a decision tonight. I recently discovered that I'm being "smothered" by unnecessary clutter in my life. This clutter is everywhere! In my house, my yard, my car, my bedroom. You name it and its filled to over-flowing. This is NOT a good thing. I. Seriously. Can't. Breathe. I walk into various rooms in my house and have little panic attacks. Because I need some order! I need things put away. Only we have so much STUFF, there's nowhere to fit it all. So, it ends up in the hallway floor. Or in the bathtub. Or in the laundry room.

I really, really, really want a place for everything...and for everything to be in it's place! Now. I know this will take time. But its going to get done! I have decided to begin slowly, with a simple project. This way, I'm hoping, I won't get discouraged and quit before I start. Which happens a lot with me.

I have decided to begin with....my Facebook page. Yes. I am currently "friends" with 373 people on Facebook. Do I know all of these people. Yes. Do I consider all of them "actual" friends? No. Do I really feel comfortable with all of these "acquaintances" seeing pictures of my children and reading my silly updates? Not so much. Awhile back, I was in Target. A person approached me and questioned me about Jordan's ear infection. She'd heard on Facebook that he was sick. The somewhat creepy part about this is that I really didn't know this person at all...she attends my church and "knows" me through my husband. She knows my husband because her children know him through his work in the Children's Ministry. It unnerved me. But then I got over it. But now its bothering me again.

So, I need to scale down my Facebook page. But...how do I decide who to "keep"? And without hurting anyone's feelings. Do I keep people that I know from high school, even though we were never "friends" then or now? Do I keep the lady who's child I teach on Sundays, even though we've never had an actual conversation? Do I keep the man from church who I always see in the hallway but have never said more than "Hello" to?

What a delimma! Guess I'll sleep on it, since its really late and I have to be up early tomorrow.

No comments: