"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

My sweet husband did NOT offer to take the children to their respective schools this morning to give me a little break.

While over at my parents house yesterday afternoon, I certainly did NOT just assume that my mother had finished reading the new Karen Kingsbury book and swipe it for myself. And when I finish reading it tomorrow, I will NOT simply return it back to its original spot and hope no one notices.

My husband is NOT going on of town next weekend. He also will NOT be gone for Mother's Day. And, since I am such a supportive, Christian wife who does all she can to help her man succeed in his ministry, I am NOT insanely disappointed that I will not be treated like a queen this Mom's Day. Nope, NOT ME!

My family has been TV-free for over a year now, and we have no regrets about out decision. I don't miss it one bit. So, I did NOT ask my sister to Tivo the Oprah episode with Kirstie Alley as the guest. And I am NOT really looking forward to watching it.

I love myself and think I have no faults. So I definitely did NOT discover something about myself while grocery shopping yesterday. Something that I'll post about later in the week.

School is out in three...count 'em...THREE weeks. I am NOT even more excited about this than my kids are.

And lastly...I did NOT just type up an entire Not Me! Monday post that is all about MY shenanigans instead of those of my lovely children!

1 comment:

Jenilee said...

how fun that your husband works in children's ministry! my husband is a children's pastor. great post! :)