"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, August 4, 2008

Recap of last week's craziness...

Last week was crazy.  Jordan was sick again with an ear infection.  I didn't sleep for 3 nights straight, which made for an extremely irritable mommy.  The kids and I were in the doctor's office Monday for Jordan's ear.  We were there Wednesday for round 2 of Shaun's wart removal.  Thursday night after karate, Shaun got stung on the eyebrow by some black flying insect.  It was a little swollen Thursday night when he went to sleep.  The next morning his entire eye was so swollen that he couldn't open it at all.  So we wound up at the doctor's office AGAIN, after making a trip to Suwanee to get his new brace.  The doctor we saw prescribed a steroid, which made Shaun act like "crazy-lunatic-demon-child".  He's back to normal now, thank goodness.  Thank goodness that week is over.  He wouldn't let me take a picture of his eye, and I really wanted a photo.  He looked too funny.  Poor thing.

Sunday we went shopping with Chris' mom.  She bought a lot of things for the boys- things  they needed:  clothes, shoes, underwear and a few toys.   It was a good day, even if Chris did majorly tick me off later on that night.  But we got through it.  We always have, and we always will, I suppose.  

I cannot believe that Shaun will be going back to school on Thursday. We went shopping with my mom for school supplies.  I am so blessed to have a mother who helps out with things like that.  We were on empty as far as funds went- we've had a lot of unexpected stuff happen this month, and truthfully, I wasn't sure how I was gong to pay for his supplies.  Thank you, mom!  I think I've got everything except dry-erase markers and a red folder.  Dang- that means another trip to Target before Wednesday's open house.  When did school supply lists get to darned complicated?

No comments: