"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, August 8, 2008

Bears and books

Shaun is camping out tonight in the mountains with my dad.  They called me earlier to tell me that a big bear was hanging out about 50 feet away from their campsite.  Dad said that Shaun tried to run up to it, but Dad stopped him just in time.  Apparently Shaun felt like he would be safe because he had his light saber with him.  Ummm...okay.  My child is definitely one of a kind.  And I'm not sure that I'm comfortable with him camping in a place that has actual wild animals.  I hope they stay safe in their tent tonight. 

Jordan heard his first story tonight.  I've tried and tried to read to him, but he has never sat still for an entire book before.  He stayed tuned in and in my lap for the entire length of Horace and Morris but Mostly Delores.  It was so sweet.  He's so active that moments like this are rare and I cherish them when they do happen.  He's in his bed, all sacked out.  We had kind of a hectic day.  Lori and I did errands, for the second day in a row.  Jordan didn't get a nap and he was up late tonight, so maybe he'll sleep in tomorrow.  

Oh- I got my hair cut today.  I'm letting it grow but needed a trim because I was starting to have "triangle hair".  I decided to try a new girl out, one I met at church.  Katrina did an awesome job.  My hair actually looked good when I left.  I'll definitely go back to her again.  Now if only I can make it look good again tomorrow.  

That's it for tonight.  I'm beat.  Time for sleep. 

No comments: