"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, August 7, 2008

And now I have a second grader

Shaun is now in 2nd grade.  He went in to his new school like a champ.  Actually, this morning started out pretty hairy.  But it got better, as it always does.  Jordan and I walked him in and all was well...until Jordan realized we were leaving and Shaun was staying.  He pitched a fit all the way to the car.  He loves his Shaunie, I guess.  The house is so quiet now.  Jordan's  in Shaun's room watching "Motorcycles" - aka Wild Hogs.  I'm going to try and straighten things up before Lori comes over.  We're taking the babies and Jaycee to the sprayground while the big kids are in school.  On the other hand, I might close my eyes and take a nap- I'm exhausted.  I didn't get home from the grocery store until almost 11 last night, then I had to wait for the washer to run so everyone would have their favorite clothes clean for today.  

I feel a lot better about Shaun's teachers.  Both of his teachers are Christians, which is so important.  I think I'm going to like his special ed teacher, too.  Maybe she was just overwhelmed or something the first time we met.  

Wow.  2nd grade.  Now that I'm starting to think about it, its really hard to believe. 

No comments: