"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A pretty good day

Today was good.  Great, actually.  Lori and I took the kids to the Sprayground.  They had a blast- especially Jordan.  Last year he just stayed on the edges, but today he went crazy in those sprinklers.  I feel bad because summer's over and I've only taken the kids once.  Hopefully we'll go back one weekend before they close for fall.  

Fall... that sounds just heavenly.  I am starting to resent this heat that we're having.  Ninety-eight degrees?  Who needs that?  What good can come from heat like that?  Anybody??

After the park, we went to Papa's Pizza.  The kids were well-behaved.  Except for the time when Jordan climbed up into the Ski Ball machine.  Only my son, right?  My sister found this extremely humorous, especially when I had to climb up after him when his foot got stuck.  

Shaun is still awake.  We're out of his sleep meds, so he's having trouble falling asleep.  This stinks, with school starting the day after tomorrow.  Maybe we can make do with some Tylenol PM tomorrow.  

This afternoon I had a headache.  Probably from staying in the sun for so long.  I sent the children with Chris to karate class and had some time to myself.  I had planned to clean, but instead I talked on the phone and made my grocery list.  I did manage to vacuum and clean the kids bathroom, though.  

The boys are getting haircuts tomorrow morning.  Then I guess I'll take them to visit with their cousins for awhile.  Then it'll be home for naps before open house.  Speaking of open house, I just remembered I'm still missing a few things from Shaun's supply list.  After open house we'll go on to church.  The kids are having a back to school thing with candy and inflatables.  Whooo hooo!  Then it'll be home and to bed, hopefully not too late, because school starts on Thursday  morning.  It stinks that school starts on a Thursday.  Wednesday nights are our latest nights getting home.  Its usually 10:00 or so.  Shaun needs to be in bed around 9:00.  But we WILL go to church.  

What a hectic day tomorrow will be.  I'm tired just thinking about it. 

No comments: