"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dream

It was raining cats and dogs when we got home from church last night and I left my book in the car.  I'm reading Insurgent by Veronica Roth if you're interested.  I usually read after the kids are asleep, but it was raining so hard that I didn't want to go outside to get it.  Plus, I couldn't talk Chris into going out there for me.  

I have a "thing".  I can't go to sleep if I haven't read anything first.  Just call me quirky.  The other day my sister and I had the kids at the park and we discovered a cute little library in the town of Clermont.  It's called "The Dip" and it's absolutely precious.  Three little ladies run it strictly on a volunteer basis.  All of the books have been donated and there's no computer system... they just write the book's due date on the little card in the back of the book.  Just like we did back in elementary school.  Oh my gosh... I love it!

The last time we were there I checked out A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle.  Yes, another book for kids.  I had always wanted to read it when I was younger but somehow never got around to it.  I never got around to it this time either, since I was so wrapped up in other books.  I was just going to return it and had it sitting in the library bag by the front door.  I picked it up to read last night just to have something to read before bed.  I read this preview on the front cover:

It was a dark and stormy night; Meg Murry, her small brother Charles Wallace, and her mother had come down to the kitchen for a midnight snack when they were upset by the arrival of a most disturbing stranger.

Sounds like a good book to me.  But, Violet was having a hard time settling down for the night and by the time she went to sleep it was after midnight.  I wound up falling asleep watching reruns of Duck Dynasty.  

The next thing I knew it was 3:00 in the morning and I was shaking my head, thinking "What a crazy dream".  It started at my grandma's house.  I was throwing some scraps of food off the front porch after dinner one night.  I turned around and saw a woman in a black hooded cloak getting ready to ring the doorbell.  This woman looked the way I had imagined the "disturbing visitor" looked in A Wrinkle in Time.  For some reason, I thought she was my friend Glenda.  Not sure why...she's not at all disturbing.  I said hello to her and she jumped.  Apparently she hadn't seen me there. When she did see me, she ran away.  FYI, it wasn't Glenda after all.  

The scene then changed to my parents house.  A houseful of people was there, including all of the Robertson grandchildren from Duck Dynasty.  All of the kids were up in my old room having a slumber-like party while the adults were talking downstairs.  I went to check on Violet when I remembered that I had a missed call and voicemail on my phone from several hours earlier.  It was the creepy lady from my grandma's porch.  She hissed three words..."Jase is gone".  

Jase, as in Jase Robertson.  How had we not noticed that he was missing?  I've never met him personally,  but I think he would sort of stick out in a crowd.  We also somehow figured out that the old woman had cast a spell on us.  My  mom, myself, and a few other adults cautiously crept to the door that leads out to what used to be the garage at my parents house, before they turned said garage into an extra room.  My mom was about to open up the door when I shouted, "Wait!  We need some anointed oil!".  

My mom thought this was silly, but she humored me anyway and allowed me to run to my purse to retrieve a small vial of lavender essential oil.  Not exactly anointed, but close enough, I guess.  We slowly opened up the garage door and found a garage full of frogs that where multiplying as we watched.  Frogs.  As in one of the curses God brought down on Egypt in Exodus.  The started to hop into the house and everyone freaked out because those frogs were huge!  I smeared my "anointed" oil on the threshold of the door and bound those frogs out of the house in the name of Jesus.  The frogs disappeared and  my mom told me that she would never, ever doubt the use of anointing oil again.  

Things got a little fuzzy after the frogs vanished, but I do remember that somehow we found Jase Robertson.  He was safe and sound.  

I don't think I need to eat chili late at night again.  Ha!

No comments: