"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Just a couple of girls, out on the town...

Violet and I had a "girls day" last Saturday. We left the house at 1:30 and didn't get back until after 11:00.  She was so good.  Only cried a few times and has earned the title of "Best Behaved Baby". This is in addition to her title of "Best Dressed Baby".  :)

Our first "event" of the day was my friend Tonia's wedding shower.  She's getting married in December.  The day before my birthday, in fact, and I am so excited for her.  It was fun to get together with her, eat lunch, shower her with gifts, and wish her God's blessings. 

After the shower, I drove to my friend Kendra's house for her annual birthday tradition of going out to dinner and painting pottery.  We ate at a Greek restaurant that I've never been to before, and it was amazing.  I had a "Peasant Salad".  We had never heard of it before, but its just a Greek Salad without the lettuce.  Lots of peppers, onions, olives, cucumbers, and tomatoes.  And of course, the Feta cheese.  I also shared some pizza with my friend Jessica and it was delicious, too.  I just might have to go back there in a few weeks for my own birthday!

Here's the birthday girl.  My beautiful friend Kendra.  I am so thankful that God brought us together.  We share many of the same struggles and she also homeschools her three children.  She has always been an encouragement and a source of accountability to me and I love her so much!  I don't know if she'll ever read this, but if she does...I don't know what I'd do without you, Kendra!

After dinner we walked to the pottery store.  My friend Claire was nice enough to help me with Violet while I painted my ornament so that I wouldn't paint it upside down or anything.

I made an ornament with Violet's footprint on it to commemorate her first Christmas with us, and I think it's pretty safe to say that it was my best attempt yet.  I haven't seen the finished product yet, but it couldn't be worse than this one!

It was a really fun day and I enjoyed having my daughter with me.  Even though she cried her eyes out during the entire drive home!

No comments: