"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012

January.
Chris and I began our last half of School of Discipleship and later on that night, found out we were expecting again.  A few days later we began the annual Daniel Fast with our church which led to some of the most clearly conveyed instructions from God that I've ever experienced.  I developed a severe case of morning sickness that lasted all day, every day.  We began classes at our "new" co-op and made many dear friends.  My friend Kendra introduced me to The Hunger Games.  Jordan turned 6 years old.  

February.  
My uterus tore and I was put on bed rest.  We downsized and moved back into our first home.    I learned that it really is okay to ask for help.  We got a second car, thanks to my parents! We celebrated Shaun's 12th birthday.  

March.
I missed Jordan's first soccer practice due to bed rest.  The boys had an amazing combined birthday party.  Shaun sang onstage during a Kidpak service with the older members of Generation Praise.  Jordan had his first soccer game of the season.  Shaun joined a baseball team and even marched in a parade. My pregnancy progressed and we found out that our baby was a girl.

April.
We celebrated Easter.  God once again showed me just how He provides when our car broke down and our dryer quit...and we had the funds to repair both!

May.
Chris turned 34.  Boys finished up their seasons of soccer and baseball.  We began to get ready for summer.  After much debating, The Hubs and I decided that our daughter would be called Violet Victoria.

June.
We all attended Summer X-treme and grew closer to God.  My friends Kendra, Rachel, and I met Ted Dekker and Tosca Lee.  I sank into the worst bout of depression I've ever experienced.  Georgia sweated it's way through a major heat wave.  

July.
I Went up for prayer during an alter call at church and was delivered from depression once and for all in Jesus' name!  The next week really put my newfound freedom to the test when Chris lost his job.  We were humbled and learned the hard way to depend on God for everything.  The Lord continued to provide for us beyond our wildest dreams.  I was introduced to Duck Dynasty. 
The following week our hearts were broken when our Papaw passed away.  I saw my new OBGYN the day before his funeral and was sent for a 4D ultrasound.  The joy of seeing our healthy baby girl up close took a little of the sorrow away, but I still don't know how we made it through that week.  
We graduated from School of Discipleship and began to pray about what to do next.  Chris was blessed with another part time job as Chapel Pastor at Bethlehem Christian Academy.

August.
The boys and I began the new school year.  Grades 1 and 6!  We went on several "family dates" during our last days as a family of 4. My blood pressure made us worry a little.  I went to the hospital twice for pregnancy related issues. The kids and I went though the back to school prayer line at church and my pregnant stomach was blessed several times. Shaun joined the Kidpak Dancers at church.  Jordan joined Generation Praise.  It began to be a regular occurrence to be asked if I was having twins, and even triplets.  Lori, Kendra, Kelli, and Mandy threw me the most beautiful baby shower I've ever seen.  Chris and I had our 13th wedding anniversary.  Elissa came to visit.  Jordan began soccer practice for the fall season.  Violet was born. 

September.
Violet and I came home from the hospital.  Together, right on schedule.  I'm still thanking God for this.  I recovered from my c-section and we all struggled to adjust to having a baby in the house.  Shaun and Jordan fell head over heels in love with their sister, even though she cried and cried and hardly ever slept at night.  We were all loved on by our friends with meals, encouragement, prayers, and support.  
I made it to Jordan's first soccer game, just one week after having a baby.  I paid for it later-  it was too soon to be out- but it was worth it.  We had our first experience with horrible little league coaches who show favoritism.  

October.
Lots of Fall activities- hockey games, festivals, and Halloween.  I also started Weight Watchers and was able to fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans.  Shaun signed up for basketball. 

November.
Both boys were sick.  This is so rare, it sticks out in my memory.  They're hardly ever sick!  I saw both of my sons perform together for the first time with Generation Praise. My heart was heavy about the presidential election results.  Lori, Kelli, Ashley, Krista, and I attended a Twilight marathon and the premier of Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Violet was sick for the first time.  We began cloth diapering.  The boys began Christmas production rehearsals and we had our first Thanksgiving together as a family of 5.  

December.
Shaun and Jordan were in two Christmas productions.  Violet was sick again with another ear infection and croup.  I was sick, too.  The next week all 5 of us caught a stomach bug.  The week after that, Violet began her third round of antibiotics for a chronic ear infection.  Some friends and I celebrated Kendra's birthday.  The boys and I discovered our area's new community center.  We celebrated our first Christmas as a family of five .  Violet and I shared a birthday.   She turned 4 months old and I turned 32.  

Phew!  What a year it has been.  Full of ups and downs, but we've made it though with God's help.  May God continue to bless us all in 2013!

No comments: