"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, April 22, 2011

its scary, how well he knows me.

So, Jordan is going through a phase right now. He has suddenly decided that he hates riding in his car seat with a passion. Whenever its time to get in the car, he jumps in and buckles himself into Shaun's seat. The seat without a car seat. Of course, we always insist that he move back into his seat before we move the car an inch.

And he does eventually surrender and buckle himself into his seat. But not before he begs and pleads to be able to ride sans car seat. Lately, he has also taken to bribing.

Take, for example, this conversation we had a few days ago:

Jordan: "Oh Mommy, please can I just ride not in my car seat?"

Me: "Absolutely not. You'd better get buckled up in your seat before you get disciplined."

Jordan: "What about if you just let me ride without my car seat and I get you a surprise?"

Me: "Sorry, but you MUST always ride in your seat. Its the law. If the police see you riding without your seat, Mommy could go to jail. And if we had an accident and you weren't in your seat, you would could be killed. So get in your seat. Now."

Jordan: "Don't you want a surprise? If you just let me ride in Shaunie's seat, I'll get you a good surprise. And it'll be...(insert adorable little sing-song voice) a new Twilight shirt..."

Its scary, how well he knows me.

1 comment:

crzy4myfam said...

OoOoOo......very tempting!!!! ;)