"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011


Easter was great this year. We're all wiped out- in a good way. Our church's Easter production, AD33, was this weekend. Shaun was part of it. I'm so proud of him. He sang and danced his heart out in all five services.

The four of us spent Good Friday night together with my mom at church for the performance's opening night. We were blown away. Well. The adults were blown away. Jordan was kind of scared. Kept asking if Satan was real and whether or not the spears and whips used to beat Jesus were fake or not. I found it rather strange that he reacted this way. Jordan was in the performance himself last year and showed no fear whatsoever of Satan. In fact, he kind of liked him. He sat through all of the dress rehearsals for this years show and wasn't scared at all. But during the real thing, scared.

Maybe he's finally catching on to what Easter's all about.

We found a sitter for Jordan during Saturday's two performances. He had a great time with his grandmas while Chris and I spent time with family members watching the play. Again, we were blown away. On the way home Saturday night I realized that I had forgotten all about the boys' Easter gifts. We don't really do the Easter Bunny, but we like to get the kids a little something on Easter. Not only had I forgotten to purchase the gifts, but I had also forgotten to budget for them. Thankfully, my sweet Hubs did remember. He dropped us off at home and headed to Wal-Mart to see if there were any chocolate bunnies and Robin Eggs left.

Just in case anyone cares, Robin Eggs are my weakness. My favorite Easter treat. And Chris bought me my own bag. Of course, he bought plenty of treats for the boys, too.

Today was church again, bright and early. Shaun had two more performances to go, Jordan had class, and Chris had to play some music. I was scheduled to man the info desk for first service but was able to make it upstairs for the last showing of AD33.

After church we went to Granny's house. It was nice to spend an afternoon with my family. We ate, talked, had an egg hunt, and watched the kids play.

We're back home now, and it seems as if they kids still have Easter fever. Jordan just came into my room and, in his rough and tough Pilate voice, ordered me to "Get these Pharisees out of my sight. They are a petulant."

And let's not forget Shaun and his Satan impersonation: "I will cloud their minds and harden their hearts. They will kill you. I will kill you!"

Wow. Why couldn't they quote John the Beloved instead?

Its been a great Easter.

Hallelujah to our Risen King. Nothing is missing, and nothing is broken. He is alive!

Here are some pictures from our weekend.


Shaun and his friend Scotty. The demon-possessed boy. :)


Goofing off on opening night.


The boys on Easter morning.


Shaun and his choir director. He loves her!


The packed house Saturday night. Over 20 thousand people came during the five services. Hundreds were saved!

The cousins after the big egg hunt.


No comments: