"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, January 8, 2010

I told you so...

It snowed last night in Georgia. As always, this stirred up panic in the hearts of all the southerners. I seriously love how everyone goes nuts when there's even just a little bit of talk about snow. I had to stop at the grocery store yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness we aren't bread eaters and milk drinkers in our house. Because there wasn't any milk or bread in the entire store. But of course there was plenty of almond milk, rice bread, and cheese. Perfect for snacks in case our power happened to go out. Which it didn't, but still. I had to stock up. You know...just in case! I don't think I've ever really been glad about Shaun's food sensitivities until last night. That may sound crazy, but it was nice to calmly walk to the "natural foods" section and get my groceries without any problems while everyone else fought it out over the last loaf of "real" bread.

We finally made it home and of course, the kids wanted to play in the snow. They only lasted a few minutes. It was just too cold. Shaun woke up bright and early this morning and wanted to go out again. Of course he didn't listen to me when I told him that 17 degree weather is just TOO COLD to be playing in. The whining persisted, and I gave in. I let him outside. In about three minutes I hear this from outside:

"Mom. MOM! MOMMY! MOMMEEEEEEEEE! My hands. They're cold! PLEEEEASE let me in, MOMMMMEEEEE!"

I opened the door and there he stood. Frozen to the core. Hands too numb to even open the door since his gloves were wet. Poor thing. And what do you think I said? That's right.

"I TOLD you so!"

Not very mature, I know. But my sweet Shaun had to agree that, just this once, his mom was actually right!

Its about 4:30 pm now. The rest of the day was spent somewhat uneventfully in front of the television. The kids played Wii and watched movies, since The Smith Academy decided to follow the trend of area school closings. Its still only 23 degrees outside. I'm ready for spring and its only January!

No comments: