"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

To Jordan, on your birthday!

Dear Jordan, 
Today marks eight years since the first time I held you and looked into your eyes.  Even before you were born, you were a spitfire!  Totally surprising and unpredictable.  I wrote about the day you were born few years ago.  See?  You've always kept us on our toes...just one of the things I love about you.  

You remind me so much of your Daddy.  Always moving, always cutting up, always laughing and joking.  God has given you a gift, Jordan.  People like you.  You're a leader.  I can't wait to see everything that's going to happen in your life.  

You've grown up so much over this past year. Everybody says so.  You're learning how to reign in that strong will that God gave you.  You're learning to respect the people in charge of you.  I have a picture of you praying over your friends during a worship service at church.  Your teacher told me that you did it all on your own because God told you to.  I'm so proud of you!  I pray you never stop listening to God, no matter how old you get.

You've gotten so much taller and bigger.  You used to be such a little peanut!


  You're still a little short but you make up for that with your strength.  You've got muscles!
   
Lately, you're into football, Minecraft, and singing.  You have an amazing voice and sing with such joy!  You want to coach football when you grow up.  The other day you told someone that your favorite thing about school is Math.  Ha ha!  You obviously didn't get this from me!  You say you don't like reading but I suspect that you secretly do.  

You've turned in to quite the gentleman, too.  You always hold the doors open for people when we're out, causing everyone to compliment your manners.  I love watching you with your sister.  You're always so patient and loving with her.  I love this stage of your life...so ready for independence but still my little boy, too.  You're still willing to cuddle up with me on the couch and hold my hand when we cross the street.  I try to hold on to every moment like this because I know they're limited.

I really just love everything about you. 

You're one of a kind, Jordan!

Happy Birthday!

No comments: