"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Weather, School, New Nursery Class.

I guess I'm obligated to say something about the weather Georgia's experienced over the past week.  To say that it's been cold would be putting it mildly.  Freezing, frigid temperatures in the single digits.  Below zero with windchill factored in.  

It stunk!

It was so cold that Jordan wouldn't play outside, several of my friends had busted water pipes, and schools were closed.  It didn't even snow, it was just too cold for the buses to heat up.  That's what I heard, anyway.  

It was so cold that my mom sent a text to check on us, complete with emojis.  

She really likes her emoticons.  Or emojis.  Whatever they're called.  I think it's cute.

The Smith Academy was scheduled to get back to school on Monday, but the kids got an extra day because I had a stomach virus.  This is how our day went on Tuesday:

The first day back is always the hardest, and Tuesday was no exception.  According to Facebook, several of our homeschooling friends were having the same problems getting back to the grind.  

Before all of the coldness hit, on Sunday, Violet moved up to her new class at church.  She's not on the "baby" hall anymore, where we had to pass her over the counters to get her into the room.  Now she just walks into the room when her teachers open the gate.  She was NOT in a good mood that Sunday and I was worried about how she'd do in a new class.  Then I talked to one of her new teachers and found out that she was mad and irritable, stalking around and throwing toys down.  I went to check on her a little later and she was fine...I expected to see her crying.  A little part of me wanted her to not be ready to move up.  I know that's silly!  I lurked around in the hallway like a stalker and tried not to cry as I watched my big girl in her big girl class through the mirrored window.  The first time I went down there she was sitting at the little table with her friends having a snack.  The second time, a boy tried to take her toy and she stared him down.  I think she can take care of herself, thanks to her brothers.  Ha!  

When I asked if she liked her new class, Violet replied with her sweet little "Yea".  And then she told me that her teacher's name was "baby".  Ha ha!




No comments: