"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, January 31, 2014

...and the egg won.

I made myself a hardboiled egg for breakfast this morning.  Two of them, actually.  The kids had waffles but I'm supposed to be trying to lose weight, so I opted for two eggs.  I boiled 'em up... and then there they sat for a while when I got busy with the kids.  By the time I finally finished mopping syrup off the floor, my eggs were cold. Yuck.  I do like cold hardboiled eggs sometimes, but this morning I wanted them hot.  I have this idea that they're more filling if they're hot.  So I put them in the microwave.  Peeled and whole.  For forty-five seconds.  When I tried to take a bite, the first egg literally exploded all over my bottom lip.  

Boom.

Just like that.  

Now I'm sporting a blistery, painful, swollen bottom lip.  Seriously, it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would, but it feels huge.  Like an elephant is sitting on my lip.  I ran errands today and was so paranoid that people were staring at it.  

Looking back, it was a pretty dumb thing to do.  Why didn't I at least cut the eggs in half, if not before I nuked them, then surely after.  

At least now I know better. 

No comments: